– HandMadePaper Font screened at 9th StArt Youth Presenting Art Festival, 17 August 2019 in Scarborough, Canada. More info about the festival: https://www.startypa.org/
– Font Design Clip (HandMadePaper Font) screened at The Typomania 2016 International Typography Video Festival, Video Contest 2016 TYPOMANIAfest – Video Clip
– HandMadePaper Font screened at 62th Internationale Kurzfilmtage Festival, 5. -10. May 2016 in Oberhausen, Germany. “Open Screening”. More info about the festival: http://www.kurzfilmtage.de
– HandMadePaper Font was presented at 1st International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (ICOEST) September 13, 2015 – Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please click here to download.
– HandMadePaper Font screened 4th Thurrock International Film Festival 9. – 11. October 2015 in Essex, UK at “Documentary Category”. More info about the festival: http://www.thurrockfilm.co.uk Thurrock Film Festival Thurrock Twitter
– HandMadePaper Font showed at 13th International Environmental Short Film Festival 2015 May, İstanbul, Turkey. More info about the festival: http://www.cevrefilm.org/new/index.php/tr/fest/festival-filmleri
The most important resource for recycling that shows the level of development of a country is paper waste. It is possible to recycle a paper six times. Among the advantages of recycling are saving energy and water in addition to economical benefits such as newly created jobs and increased employment. The recycled font design project comes from this idea. The Font Design Project is based on new papers produced by recycling waste paper. The project gathers three different sustainability areas under one roof. The first stage is the design of the fonts and the second is their physical creation and display. This DVD is the third stage of this project documenting the process of recycling waste paper as a part of the hand made font design project.
The first step of the proposal is turning the waste paper to a new paper. And in this set-up, we shoot all of this process. Finally, it became a 3-minute short documentary. It displays the conversion of waste paper into new paper and the materialization of font design.
After some modifications, these paper fonts became experimental typography. All paper recycling is the process of turning waste paper into new paper products. After all new handmade paper is scanned, typography from the paper is cut out and processed with Photoshop. In Adobe Illustrator some effects are introduced on the typefaces such as holes to make them eco-fonts. Empty spaces on the typefaces make them use less ink when printed. These digital recycled type designs include numbers, capital and lowercase letters, some punctuation and special characters.
You can download the “HandMadePaper Font” family here
photos: 4th THURROCK, 2015 October / 1st ICOEST, 2015 September
The article about the movie and font family design process was presented at the 1st International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (ICOEST) on September 13, 2015 – Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please click here to download the proceedings book.
Finally, the last part of this design project is installed. All letters are physical fonts seen in the movie. Work is still in progress for the last part of this project.
The aim of this project was to make a font family with recycled paper, to be recycled in nature again and again. That’s why the name of the font family is …