– HandMadePaper Font screended at 62th Internationale Kurzfilmtage Festival, 5. -10. May 2016 in Oberhausen, Germany. “Open Screening”. More info about the festival: http://www.kurzfilmtage.de
– HandMadePaper Font was presented at 1st International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (ICOEST) September 13, 2015 – Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please click here to download.
– HandMadePaper Font is going to screening 4th Thurrock International Film Festival 9. – 11. October 2015 in London, UK at “Documentary Category”. More info about festival: http://www.thurrockfilm.co.uk Thurrock Film Festival Thurrock Twitter
– HandMadePaper Font showed at 13th International Enviromental Short Film Festival 2015 May, İstanbul, Turkey. More info about festival: http://www.cevrefilm.org/new/index.php/tr/fest/festival-filmleri
The most important resource of recycling that shows the level of development of a country is the paper waste. It is possible to recycle paper six times. Among the advantages of recycling are saving energy and water in addition to economical benefits such as newly created jobs and increased employment. The recycled font design project comes from this idea. The Font Design Project is based on new papers produced by recycling waste paper. The project gathers three different sustainability areas under one roof. First stage is the design of the fonts and the second is their physical creation and display. This DVD is the third stage of this project documenting the process of recycling waste paper as a part of the hand made font design project.
First step of the proposal is turning the waste paper to new paper. And in this set-up we shoot all of this process. Finally, it became a 3-minute short documentary. It displays the conversion of waste paper into new paper and the materialization of font design.
– 62th Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, 5. -10. May 2016 in Oberhausen, Germany. “Open Screening”.
– 4th Thurrock International Film Festival 9. -11. October 2015 in London, United Kingdom. “Documentary Category”.
– 13th International Enviromental Short Film Festival, May 2015 in Istanbul, Turkey.
After some modifications these paper fonts became experimental typography. All paper recycling is the process of turning waste paper into new paper products. After all new handmade paper is scanned, typography from paper is cut out and processed with Photoshop. In Adobe Illustrator some effects are introduced on the typefaces such as holes to make them eco-fonts. Empty spaces on the typefaces make them use less ink when printed. These digital recycled type designs include numbers, capital and lowercase letters, some punctuation and special characters.
You can download the “HandMadePaper Font” family here
4th THURROCK, 2015 October / 1st ICOEST, 2015 September
The article about movie and font family design process was presented at the 1st International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (ICOEST) September 13, 2015 – Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please click here to download proceedings book.
Finally, the last the part of this design project is installation. All letters are physical fonts seen in the movie. Work is still in progress for the last part of this project.
The aim for this project was to make a font family with recycled paper, to be recycled in nature again and again. That’s why the name of the font family is …